Half Day Tra Que Village – Herb and Vegetable Farming
Tra Que Village
Transportation : Car
Departure : Daily
Amount : Upper 2 people
- Pedal past classic vistas of rice paddies being tended to by conical hat wearing locals and their water buffalo.
- Learn about the cultivation of vegetables and their use in traditional Vietnamese medicine.
- Roll your sleeves up and get stuck in! Help the farmers work the land; fertilize with seaweed, rake, sow and pick produce.
- Help a local family prepare authentic local dishes for a light meal.
TRA QUE VILLAGE
- To start off your TRA QUE VILLAGE, we will take a scenic bike ride out to a farm in the area – exercise is a great way to kick start your day!
- Once we arrive, you will receive an introduction to the historical past of the village. In this short but informative lesson, you will learn about the cultivation process as well as the discovering of these vegetables use in traditional Vietnamese medicine.
- Afterwards, it’s time for you to join the farmers! You will take a trip around the vegetable garden and assist in fertilising and preparing the land using seaweed from the local lake.
- Other farming activities include raking, sowing, picking greens and others depending on the day! After enjoying your time experiencing what farming at Tra Que is like, it will be time to prepare some authentic meals with a local family.
- You’ll get to enjoy local specialities like Tam Huu dish (spring rolls) and Banh Xeo (central Vietnams traditional pancake).
Finally, after enjoying your food we will return to Hoi An.
This tour is special as it provides a glimpse into the normal lives of the Tra Que Village folk.
Price & Inclusion
- Pick up and drop off service by A/c Ford Transit High Roof Van or Hyundai County @ HOI AN TOWN
- English speaking language tour guide
- Entrance fee
- Travel Insurance
- Complimentary bottle of water on bus
- Beverages, Tax
- Tip, personal expenses & those not clearly mentioned above
- Child below 03 year old: Free of Charge
- Child from 04 – 09 year old: 75 % of Adult tour fare
- Child from 09 and above: 100% of Adult tour fare